The Spanish embassy in Nigeria and contact details are important if you consider getting to Spain. Though to travel to Spain could be tasking due to factors like age, past immigration records, and social and economic ties, your traveling plans might be incomplete without your knowing the Spanish embassy in Nigeria and contact details.
In this article, we will take you through the Spanish visa application, the required documents, application fees, and other relevant details.
Spain Visa Application Form
The Spain Visa is also called the Schengen Visa. You’d find information on different Spanish visa types, necessary documents you’d need, the visa fees, and other vital guides to successfully apply. Just like the Hungary visa, there are rules to note and fulfill.
Depending on why you want to travel, you’d have to choose the applicable Spain visa type. There are quite a number of them. Each serves its unique purpose and possesses its unique features.
Right now, we’ll take you on a short trip to discover the general documents required for a Spain visa application. All of these documents will be used to fill out the visa application form.
Required Documents And Steps for Spain Visa Application
Listed in this session below are steps to take and documents demanded to process the Spain visa application.
1. Download and fill out the application form. You can do this online via the Spanish visa application portal and then print a hard copy.
2 light background passport photos must be attached – a recent full-face capture.
3. Your international passport – with at least 2 blank pages – and previous copies are required. Each must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the period of stay
4. A proof of your return-ticket reservation
5. A cover letter that clearly states why you want to visit Spain
6. Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Spain
7. Hotel Booking Reservation document that covers your stay time
8. Proof of civil status, whether single or married. Documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, e. t. c must be presented.
9. Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Spain. A non-Spanish who seeks to travel to Spain must have proof of sustenance. This must be about 90% (equal to 10 days) of the gross national minimum wage of 583.74€. If the staying period exceeds 10 days, then a daily equivalent of 64.8€ will be used to calculate 90% of the amount the visitor should have in hand.
Read Also: Top 20 Visa Free Countries For Nigerians In 2023
Besides these general documents listed above, other documents are required. However, it’ll depend on the purpose of your Spanish Visa application. The next session points out the various documents demanded when certain Spanish visa types are requested.
List of Additional Documents Required for Popular Spain Visa Applications
1. Spanish Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from family or friends in Spain as well as address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement (For the last 6 months)
- Passport copies
2. Spain Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Spanish company you intend to visit. Also, their detailed address as well as dates of your visit
- An employer’s certificate that guarantees you business travel. Provide proof of previous trade relations between the two companies.
- Business bank statement of the recent 6 months
- An original copy of Memorandum and Article of Association (registered with joint-stock companies)
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal)
- Partnership documents
- The employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
3. Spain Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Spain, which confirms your appointment date as well as your medical status
- Receipt of medical fees
4. Spain Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the authorities concerned, with details about the purpose of the visit, the event, and activities
- Expense coverage, Names of applicants (crew members)
- Period of stay
- Travel itinerary
5. Spain Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of travel (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Accommodation location
Read Also: Samsung A31 Price In Nigeria And Full Specs
6. Spain Visa for Study, Training, Research, or Internships:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion of courses offered
- Proof of financial sustenance
7. Spain Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Spanish Citizen:
- Proof of Spanish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Spanish nationality or naturalization order)
- Marriage certificate
- Family record book
8. Spanish Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or any entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
9. Spain Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- Notarized parental travel consent (this applies when one of the parents live in another country)
When underage students apply at the Spanish consulate in Nigeria, their guardian or parent should accompany them.
Having known these requirements, how long would it take to get your Spanish Visa?
How long does it take to process a Spanish visa in Nigeria?
Often, it takes about 15 days to get your visa. However, in case there are issues with the documents presented, it may take up to about 45 days to examine them properly.
Now, let’s see how much all of these cost.
Spain Visa Application Fee
If you’re applying for a Spain visa, you need to know what it’ll cost to apply. Spain Schengen visa fees are in different categories.
Minors below 12 years old: €40
Minors below 6 years old: They don’t take visa
Now, we’ll take you through the addresses of embassies you can visit to get the Spanish Visa In Nigeria.
Spanish Embassy Abuja
Here is the address and other details of the Spanish Embassy in Abuja
8 Bobo Close, off Gana Street Maitama District
P.M.B. 5120 Wuse Post Office
(+234) 9 460 34 90
(+234) 9 460 34 99
Read Also: How To Check Glo Data Balance 2023
Chief of Mission
Alfonso Barnuevo Sebastián de Erice, Ambassador
Spanish Embassy Lagos
There’s a Spanish Consulate General in Lagos. Below is information about the embassy.
21 C Kofo Abayomi Road
P.O. Box: 74759, Victoria Island
(+234) (1) 277 03 00
(+234) (1) 904 98 36
Chief of Mission
Octavio-Agustín Uña Rodríguez, Consul General
If you’re considering traveling to Spain, either on a business trip or for a short stay, you need to know the locations of the Spanish embassy in Nigeria and contact details. Our article provides you with the latest information which helps your plans to travel to Spanish.
Other Great Articles On The Blog
- Full List Of Construction Companies In Nigeria 2023
- How To Check MTN Data Balance 2023
- Chevron Nigeria Contact Details